Free PPE available for carers who do not live with the person they care for
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is now being made available, free of charge, to unpaid carers who do not live with the person that they care for.
If you live in the same house as the person you care for, you’re NOT recommended to wear PPE, unless a healthcare professional (such as a GP or nurse) advises you to.
Carers please read the guide and estimate how much PPE you will need for a couple of months.
You will then need to call One Front Door Service on 0121 704 8007 to request this PPE.
One Front Door, only give out the highest grade masks so where the guide states Type I, Type II or Type IIR only Type IIR masks will be issued.
Items are issued in multiples of the following:
- Aprons – rolls of 200
- IIR masks – boxes of 50
- Gloves – 50 pairs in a box (Sizes S, M, L and XL available)
- What PPE should be worn https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-protective-equipment-ppe-illustrated-guide-for-community-and-social-care-settings
- How to put on PPE https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/911311/PHE_Putting_on_PPE__Standard_infection_control_procedures.pdf
- How to take off PPE https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/911312/PHE_Taking_off_PPE_standard_infection_control_procedures.pdf
- Guidance on how used PPE should be disposed of https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-disposing-of-waste